Recipe by English_Rose
This recipe combines tasty clams, anchovies, white wine, tomatoes and chilies with pasta in this splendid main course.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chilies, finely chopped
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 lbs clams
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water, according to the directions on the pack until just tender
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the chilies, shallots, garlic, clams and anchovy fillets for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, wine and lemon juice and bring to the boil.
- Add the well-drained spaghetti and chopped parsley and toss through until evenly coated.
- Serve at once with chilled wine.