1/2 Photos of Spaghetti, Tuna and Capers
This is a very simple recipe that will have you asking for more. Very healthy too. There are a few variations. This recipe is used in the regions of Naples and Molise in Italy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain oil from tuna and place in a heavy based frypan.
- 2Add diced onion and saute until soft and clear.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large pot, boil salted water and cook spaghetti.
- 4Dice tomatoes and add to pan.
- 5Stir the mixture over low heat.
- 6Add salt and peppercorns to taste.
- 7Add tuna to mixture and stir.
- 8Drain spaghetti.
- 9Add capers to mixture.
- 10Place spaghetti on warm plates.
- 11Place tuna mixture over top of spaghetti.
- 12Sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- 13Garnish with a few basil leaves.
- 14The secret of success is to work quickly and make sure that the mixture is not overcooked.
- 15As a variation, olive oil can be substituted with butter.
- 16Fettucine can be used instead of spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti, Tuna and Capers
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.3 mg
- Sodium 196.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 31.9 g