Recipe by Mirj
This is also a good way to use leftover spaghetti, just scale down the recipe for the amount you have. We prefer this fresh-made.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 4 egg whites or 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 slices provolone cheese, cut into fourths
- spaghetti sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350÷.
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
- Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Toss spaghetti, Parmesan cheese, Ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning and egg whites until spaghetti is well coated.
- Press half of the spaghetti mixture in bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the basil.
- Layer with half of the tomatoes and cheese slices.
- Press remaining spaghetti mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining basil.
- Layer with remaining tomatoes and cheese slices.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Cut torte into wedges.
- Serve with spaghetti sauce.