This is also a good way to use leftover spaghetti, just scale down the recipe for the amount you have. We prefer this fresh-made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 4 egg whites or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 slices provolone cheese, cut into fourths
- spaghetti sauce (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 350÷.
- 2Spray a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
- 4Rinse with cold water; drain.
- 5Toss spaghetti, Parmesan cheese, Ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning and egg whites until spaghetti is well coated.
- 6Press half of the spaghetti mixture in bottom of pan.
- 7Sprinkle with half of the basil.
- 8Layer with half of the tomatoes and cheese slices.
- 9Press remaining spaghetti mixture on top.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining basil.
- 11Layer with remaining tomatoes and cheese slices.
- 12Bake 30 minutes.
- 13Let stand 15 minutes.
- 14Remove sides of pan.
- 15Cut torte into wedges.
- 16Serve with spaghetti sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Torte
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.7
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 262.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: