Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very quick and inexpensive meal that kids especially love. My son is now 20 yrs old and he still requests this meal all the time. Do not forget the bread.
- 500 g vermicelli
- 3 (540 ml) cansof heinz tomato juice
- 8 -10 slices of kraft processed cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Drain and return to pot on stove.
- Over low heat add tomato juice and cheese until cheese is melted and well blended.
- Turn off heat and let sit until juice is mostly absorbed.
My grandmother use to make something like this for me all the time. The only thing she did different was add butter to the cooked drained pasta and add a liberal sprinkling of onion powder with the salt and pepper. Did not add the cheese. I still make it that way from time to time (especially when I'm not feeling well and want something light). My husband had never heard of this but also enjoys it now. Thanks for posting!
So easy and fast. Kids gobbled it up. Even better the next day. I heated it up in a pan and it was like a different meal since all the liquid absorbed. Thanx!
oh no.... what a waste of good tomatoes and pasta.... it was like can tomato/pasta and cheese mixture.................... not good