Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe years ago on a website: www.eatdangerously.com. It still makes me laugh every time I read it. I love cooks who have a sense of humor! They start by saying: Someone once told us: "this is the greatest.... sob.... f***ing.... sob.... spaghetti.... sob.... I ever had in... sob... my f***ing life. I love you guys. I love everybody."
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 purple bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, mashed
- 6 pieces celery, sliced
- 6 pieces carrots, sliced
- 8 large mushrooms, sliced
- 3 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon ground dried hot pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beer
- salt and fresh pepper
- Heat up the oil in a big pot. Add garlic, fry for a minute, then add beef and half of the onions. After a few minutes, push to one side and in the empty space saute peppers, onions, celery. When the beef is gray, add mushrooms and tomatoes and stir everything together. No need to drain the fat. Add the remaining ingredients then simmer for two hours, stirring occasionally, adding more beer or wine at your discretion. Serve with grated cheese, booze and spaghetti cooked al dente.
- Serves 1 person 10 times, 2 people 5 times, 3 people 3.333 times, 4 people 2.5 times, 5 people 2 times, 6 people 1.667 times, 7 people 1.428571 times, 8 people 1.25 times, 9 people almost 1 time, and 10 people just once.