Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My kids are fans of the show icarly and wanted spaghetti tacos like Spencer makes so these are what we came up with.
- 1⁄2 lb thin spaghetti noodles
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, low sodium
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese (we used cheddar jack)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 12 crunchy taco shells
- Brown the ground beef.
- Drain and season with the taco seasoning and add the taco sauce to make a sort of spaghetti sauce.
- While you are cooking the meat cook up the spaghetti noodles.
- Once the meat and sauce is done mix in the drained noodles.
- Heat the shells per the package directions.
- Place desired portion of spaghetti in the taco shells and top with salsa and shredded cheese.
I have made these before for my daughter, after she watched the show ICarly. I just made regular spaghetti with the sauce and shoved it in the shells. I didn't think it was great but she did. The stars are based on her because it was made for her.
When I saw this recipe I knew I HAD to make it! We have an 18yr old son and a 5 yr old daughter. She loves iCarly and I think she equates Spencer to her big brother. The whole family gets involved in her imaginary scenarios or playing out actual episodes with her and I had a feeling she would be really excited to have a Spencer's spaghetti taco night. I was right!! We all had a lot of fun with this recipe and I loved that it's so simple; messy, but simple! :D Thanks for sharing your recipe, Rose!