Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe was actually thought of by our 7 year old son. His two favorite foods-tacos and spaghetti. So, why not combine the two? :) Enjoy!! Helpful suggestion when serving: put all ingredients on plate and then spoon or fork into taco shell.
- 8 ounces about half a regular package spaghetti noodles
- 8 ounces spaghetti sauce (we've used both 8 oz and 1 lb 10 oz jars...either works)
- 1 lb hamburger
- mozzarella cheese
- hard taco shell
- Brown hamburger, dump out grease. Add Spaghetti sauce.
- Take approx half package of spaghetti noodles. Break noodles into fourths. Boil noodles in pot.
- Brown taco shells in oven.
- And enjoy!
To make this recipe not so "carby" use spaghetti squash. Kids dont know the difference because the squash takes on the flavor of what ever it is in. also add some puree veggie to the sauce like carrot or cauliflower. tomato masks it pretty well i think.
This is a recipe from the kids' show iCarly which became popular after the show aired. This was the character "Spencer"s favorite recipe. The kids like it, but the adults pretty much stay away from it because it's basically pure carbs.
I wonder if your 7 yr old son watches iCarly?! This is the older brother Spencer's favorite recipe. The episode aired on November 10, 2007 and has continued to be a standard on the show.