This recipe makes a veggie rich, cheesy casserole, almost like a lasagna. Spaghetti Squash subsitutes for the role traditionally taken by pasta in such dishes for a delicious, lower calorie alternative.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite method and separated into strands (See How to Cook Spaghetti Squash)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 -5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Mix the cheese together, set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the onion, pepper and garlic.
- 3Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- 4Add crushed tomatoes, basil, and crushed red pepper (if using).
- 5Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- 6Mix squash well with the cooked vegetables and put half in the bottom of a large (13 x 9 inch) baking dish.
- 7Top with half the cheese mixture, followed by the other half of the squash mixture, then the rest of the cheese.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
- 9Let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Squash With Vegetables & Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 430.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 10.5 g