1/3 Photos of Spaghetti Squash With Tomatoes
1 hr 15 mins
This is such a simple dish to make. It is loaded with flavor! Best when using fresh garden vegetables and herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cooked spaghetti squash, halved, seeds removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, chopped (4 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook squash til done using any method you prefer- bake, boil, steam, microwave.
- 2When squash is nearly done, saute onion, green pepper and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until tender. (about 5 minutes).
- 3Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper, oregano and basil. Simmer together about 5 minutes more.
- 4When squash is done, shred with fork, keeping it inside the shell. Toss with butter. Spoon mixture ontop of shredded squash, top with parmesan.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Squash With Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 167.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g