Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From "The Healing Foods Cookbook". Winter squash helps with building your immune system and wound healing. I have not tried this yet, but it looks scrumptious.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Place the squash in a very large pot, add water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered for 30-60 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain, halve, and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Coat a 2 quart saucepan with nonstick spray. Add the onions and saut over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, oregano, and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Discard the seeds from the squash. Using a fork, seperate into spaghetti-like strands. Reheat briefly in a large frying pan. Serve topped with the sauce and sprinkled with the cheese.