Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The guests were soon to arrive and I had no good ideas. I browsed the Six O'Clock Solutions cook book published in 1995 by the Vancouver Sun. A quick tri to the store (unfortunately NOT the garden) and I had a delicious vegetarian meal ready> Many compliments were received
- 1 (398 ml) can navy beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 lbs spaghetti squash
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine beans, basil, oregano, 1 tablespoon olive oil and the vinegar:set aside.
- Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds. Put each half face down in a glass pie plate with 1/4 cup of water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave each for 7 - 10 minutes until the flesh feels soft.Let it stand for 5 minutes and then pull out the strands of flesh and place then in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, wash and trim stems from spinach. Stack leaves and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch (5 mm) wide strips; set aside).
- In a large frypan , heat butter and remaining one tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic;saute for 1 minute.
- Add spinach and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until the spinach is just wilted.
- Add feta cheese and bean mixture; heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach mixture to squash and toss.
- Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
My first time making spaghetti squash and choose your recipe because it is quick to prepare and I like all the main ingredients. I used black beans instead of navy. Perfect dish. I've already emailed it to my sister in law who is vegan. Thank you!!
This was absolutely delish! We had this after a long day of remodeling chores and this was a very welcome, tasty, dinner treat! Even though I baked the spaghetti squash which added to the time a bit, it went together easily and quickly. We will definitely have this again. It was way too good not to! Thanks, Thursdaynight cook!