1/2 Photos of Spaghetti Squash With Sausage
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Hope Rock's Note:
I Love this dish. It is so good, and it really is a great substitute when you love pasta dishes but not all those calories and carbs that come with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 (F) degrees.
- 2Carefully split the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- 3In a 3 quart casserole dish place a shallow amount of water to the bottom of the dish until the bottom is covered, just.
- 4Place each squash half, open face down on the casserole dish within the shallow water. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the squash is just soft and stringy to the touch.
- 5Leaving the oven on, Remove the baked squash from the oven. Carefully start scrapping the squash from the shell (it will be hot), placing the scrapped contents in a medium-large bowl. Be sure to save your shells, simply place the empty shells back in the same shallow casserole dish. These will be reused in a just a bit.
- 6Add the Spaghetti sauce, salt and garlic powder in with the spaghetti squash that was scrapped into the medium bowl and mix until well combined.
- 7Fill the shells. Start will a base layer to each shell with the spaghetti squash, add a light layer of the cubed sausage followed by a light layer of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process until all ingredients are evenly layered between both shells. Top with any remaining cheese and add the Parmesan cheese evenly to the top. Place back in the oven and allow to heat through for an additional 10-15 minutes or until bubbly and all the cheese is melted.
- 8Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes. Plate & Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Squash With Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.4
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.9 mg
- Sodium 974.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 13.9 g