Recipe by Sharon123
Spaghetti squash keeps about one month at room temperature and up to six months at 55 degrees. Cooked spaghetti squash also freezes well. Recipe courtesy of Chef Sabra Ricci.
Top Review by 815123
Great recipe... I used a little less oil (i'm on a diet) and a little less cheese and served it with salad and chicken thighs (also roasted) it was wonderful! You really do feel like you have had spaghetti... which is wonderful when you can't have any. The sauce was delicious.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, remove seeds and place in a roasting pan.
- Wash and quarter roma tomatoes and toss in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and kosher salt and place on a baking sheet. Roast in oven with spaghetti squash for 45 minutes. Remove squash and tomatoes from oven. Let squash cool for about twenty minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté garlic in remaining olive oil until golden brown. Add roasted tomatoes, basil, wine and chili flakes and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove spaghetti squash strands with a fork and place in a bowl and set aside. When sauce is done, add spaghetti squash and toss. Season to taste and garnish with parmesan cheese. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top. Serve and enjoy!