Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a nice use for leftover spaghetti squash. Adapted from recipe posted by Pat Gaelen to the Low Carb Vegetarian listserv. Heating can be done on the stove-top, in a toaster oven, or in the microwave (as the original recipe suggested). For a single-serving, use a dish which can go from oven to table. Preparation time assumes the ingredients are all ready from prior prep work or bought already prepared. Cook time is time to heat on the stove.
- 3⁄4 cup spaghetti squash, cooked
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1⁄3 cup olive, chopped (garlic olives were suggested)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 1 ounce provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- Heat the pesto sauce.
- Stir in all ingredients except the nuts.
- Top with the nuts.
- Heat until cheese is melted and the pesto sauce has liquified through the squash.
- Toss before serving, with some freshly ground pepper.
I used this recipe more as an inspiration than a set of rules. I made it with two medium spaghetti squashes, and multiplied the other ingredients accordingly. yum