Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a really delicious way of preparing spaghetti squash.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3⁄4-1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cut squash lengthwise in halves, remove seeds and place squash, cut side down, in a 13X9X2 inch baking dish.
- Add boiling water to 1 1/2 inch depth.
- Bake at 350*F for 50 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Using fork tines, remove spaghetti-like strands of squash and place in mixing bowl.
- Add butter, garlic salt, black pepper, chives and Parmesan cheese, tossing to coat squash.
Tried this recipe to-night-had not made spaghetti squash in several years. The seasonings were excellent! I used margarine instead of butter and garlic powder instead of garlic salt. I only used 1/2 of the squash for the two of us and scaled back the seasonings accordingly. DH really liked it. I also cooked it in the microwave in a pyrex dish covered with plastic wrap for 8 minutes, following a tip I had read elsewhere, since I was broiling a steak in the oven. The next time I am preparing an oven cooked meal will try the oven method described here-have a feeling it might turn out better-the microwave method was good but it had a little too much crunch for my taste even though DH liked it. In any case, will definately make again!