Recipe by Bergy
Spaghetti squash can be used in many different ways much likeyou woulduse real spaghetti. It is high in fiber. This is not one of my favorite squash. Prepare it ahead and reheat for 15 minutes in a 350 oven (keep refrigerated and covered until you reheat)
Top Review by L.A. Stewart
This was incredibly easy and flavorful! I made this for a dinner party and think I may make it for Thanksgiving! Only change I made was that I halved my squash, put it in a pan with some water (cut side up), covrd with foil and baked an hour instead of putting in steamer. Same result, different method! This is stupid simple and stupid easy, but I was looking for just a recipe (my brain doesn't think so simple sometimes!). So don't ever hesitate to post the easy ones! Thank you, thank you, thank YOU for sharing! LA :-)
- 2 lbs spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the squash into quarters, remove seeds and place in a steamer, flesh side down and steam until your finger can make an impression in the skin abour25 minutes Remove from steamer and when cool enough to handle take a fork and"comb" out the strands of squash into a bowl.
- They will look like spaghetti Combine the squash strands, marjoram salt& pepper, toss.
- Place in a 1 quart baking dish, sprinkle with the parmesan and broil for about 2 minutes or until heated and the cheese is golden.