Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a healthy, quick and easy dish. At least once you split the spaghetti squash in half. The rosemary, sage and thyme makes this side a nice, grounding and comforting veggie. Also the sweet sauteed onions and garlic lends it lots of flavor topped with grated parmesan cheese. Servings are either a side or meal. Once you taste it you will continue on to make a meal out of it.
- 3 lbs spaghetti squash, sliced in half and seeds and fiber removed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (separated)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped or 1 tablespoon fresh sage or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, fresh minced
- 1⁄2 onion, finely sliced
- parmesan cheese, fresh grated to garnish
- black pepper, fresh ground to garnish
- nutmeg, fresh grated to taste (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- Microwave squash cut side down for 20 minutes till soft and fibers separate.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil and saute onions, and garlic 5 minutes add herbs cook for 2 minutes.
- Add squash and toss.
- Drizzle with remaining garlic and top with cheese and season with salt, nutmeg and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
In my microwave, the squash was done at 10 minutes. After scooping the squash from the shell, I drained it in a colander. I used dried rosemary and thought the end result was very yummy. I will certainly make this again. Thank you Rita!
I made this over the weekend - it's a good and simple recipe. Per other reviews I used fewer herbs. I did not have any nutmeg on hand, but believe it would add a nice twist. Thanks for posting an easy and tasty way to enjoy spaghetti squash, Rita
We really enjoyed the simplicity and taste of the squash done this way.