Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Gourmet. Feb 1990
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, reserving 1 half for another use
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Wrap the squash half in microwave-safe plastic wrap and microwave it, cut side up, at high power (100%) for 10 to 12 minutes, or until it feels soft when pressed.
- Let the squash stand for 5 minutes. In a small microwave-safe dish combine the butter, the onion, and the mushroom and microwave the mixture at high power (100%), stirring once, for 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Discard the squash seeds, scrape the flesh with a fork into a bowl, and toss it with the mushroom mixture, the parsley, the chives, the Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste.
Nice and simple but tasty. Cooking the squash in the microwave is GENIUS. I've always baked my spaghetti squash but this is sooo much faster! I ran out of mushrooms so I sauteed a leftover eggplant with the onions, used Chinese chives in place of regular chives and it all worked out well. I left out the parsley but I'll add it next time (as well as mushrooms!) Thanks!