Recipe by Mercy
A recipe from the restaurant "Bonefish Grill"
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Quick & easy recipe. I made it as written, however, we found it abit sweet for our tastes & too much sauce for the squash. Next time I will cut the honey & sugar in 1/2 & shave off some of the other ingredients (or increase the squash). I also found the squash abit crunchy (under-done) so I'll either cook longer or toss mixture with sauce & bake for 10-15 mins. Overall we enjoyed the dish, thanks for sharing.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Remove seeds; place in large baking pan, cut side down.
- Bake 45 minutes or until skin is tender and strands can be loosened easily with a fork.
- In sauté pan, cook ginger with unsalted butter until tender.
- Add chicken base (chicken base is concentrated, paste-like flavor essence sold in larger supermarkets and gourmet stores), honey and brown sugar.
- Mix water and cornstarch and add to ginger mixture.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes; keep warm.
- When squash is done, place strands in a shallow dish and top with 2 tablespoons salted butter.
- Top with desired amount of honey ginger glaze.