Recipe by MightyStickFigure
This little recipe I saw on the TV and jotted down. I recently tried it and it was quite lovely. Surprisingly, it made quite a lot.
Top Review by KJK #5
Very good and easy. I cook my spaghetti squash on the weekend and keep in the fridge to have on hand. To make it easier to cut in, bake whole @ 350 for 15-20 minutes, cool then cut in half. I used to fight with cutting them unitl I tried this.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons stick butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop off the top (stemmed end) of the spaghetti squash. Cut spaghetti squash long ways down the middle. Scoop out the stringy insides with seeds and set aside.
- Put the two spaghetti squash halves into a pot of boiling water and let sit until insides are soft. Separate squash seeds and pulp. Chop up pulp into smaller segments.
- In a saucepan, combine the heavy whipping cream, the squash pulp, and sprinkle in 1/2 of the parmesan cheese over medium-medium low heat; stirring constantly.
- Add more parmesan cheese every five to six minutes until all is in the pan.
- Stir the sauce until all of the parmesan cheese is melted and sauce is thick (approximately 20-25 minutes).
- When the spaghetti squash halves are soft, scoop out the inside on to a plate or bowl and top with the alfredo sauce.
- Serve immediately.