Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I threw this together with a few ingredients I had in the kitchen. It turned out great!
- 3 -4 lbs spaghetti squash
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef (or any ground meat, lamb would be delicious)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked per directions (wild rice mixture would be equally good)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut spaghetti squash in half and place in baking dish, flesh side down. Add about 1/2" of water, bake for approximately 1 hour or until squash is tender.
- The rice takes about an hour to cook, so start it as soon as the squash goes in the oven.
- While the rice and squash are cooking, begin browning the meat in a large skillet.
- Add the celery, onion, and garlic.
- When the meat is completely cooked and vegetables are tender, add fresh herbs and cook a few more minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Add cooked rice to the sauce mixture.
- Serve spaghetti squash with sauce. If desired, add some crumbled feta or Parmesan cheese.