1 hr 15 mins
I threw this together with a few ingredients I had in the kitchen. It turned out great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs spaghetti squash
- 1/2 lb ground beef (or any ground meat, lamb would be delicious)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked per directions (wild rice mixture would be equally good)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Cut spaghetti squash in half and place in baking dish, flesh side down. Add about 1/2" of water, bake for approximately 1 hour or until squash is tender.
- 2The rice takes about an hour to cook, so start it as soon as the squash goes in the oven.
- 3While the rice and squash are cooking, begin browning the meat in a large skillet.
- 4Add the celery, onion, and garlic.
- 5When the meat is completely cooked and vegetables are tender, add fresh herbs and cook a few more minutes.
- 6Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- 7Add cooked rice to the sauce mixture.
- 8Serve spaghetti squash with sauce. If desired, add some crumbled feta or Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Squash W/ Beef & Wild Rice
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 421.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 12.2 g