Recipe by CaliforniaJan
This is a great way to use this healthy squash. Chef's note 9/13: I just changed it up and it worked perfectly. I used the squash as directed and added more carrots (I didn't have bell peppers). I used the broth and soy sauce as well as a heaping tablespoon of spicy black bean sauce. It was so tasty, I put it under a chicken and broccoli stir fry and I didn't need any rice.
Top Review by Boomette
This is a great way to use a spaghetti squash. It's healthy with so much taste. I used low sodium chicken broth. And didn't use the parmesan cheese as it's already yummy without. Thanks Jan :) Made for Holiday tag game
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and julienned
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and julienned
- 236.59 ml vegetable broth
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml basil, dried
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce the squash with the tip of a sharp knife in several places; place on a paper plate and microwave on high 20 minutes, until just softened, turning once during cooking. Let stand 5 minutes to cool. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Using a fork, scoop out the pulp. Measure out 6 cups of squash (reserving any remaining squash for another use).
- Spray a large nonstick skillet or wok with nonstick spray; heat. Add the vegetables and cook, stirring as needed, until tender-crisp, 7 - 8 minutes.
- Stir in the spaghetti squash, broth, soy sauce, basil and black pepper; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve, sprinkled with cheese.