Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
- 1 -2 lb spaghetti squash (approximately)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place whole spaghetti squash in baking dish.
- Prick all over with fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender; cool.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds.
- With fork, scoop out flesh into medium bowl, separating into spaghetti-like strands.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook green onions and garlic in oil about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add squash and stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes more until heated through.
- Stir in parsley and lemon juice; mix well.
- Add cheese and toss to coat.
I'm an avid lover of Spaghetti Squash now. I pierced my squash with a fork all over, then microwaved for 5 min before baking in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes and my squash
came out perfect. Thanks for posting such an easy recipe.
Tastiest Spaghetti Squash recipe I've found. And such good nutrition, too. I look forward to trying this with different fresh herb combos in the future.