Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A little different than the others posted.
- 3 lbs spaghetti squash
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- fresh ground pepper
- Pierce squash in several places with a knife to allow evaporation while cooking.
- Place whole squash in microwave oven and cook on high for 15 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Place parsley, olive oil, margarine, and garlic in a small bowl. Cook on high for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms in 3 tablespoons butter or margarine. Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membrane.
- With fork, gently pull squash flesh away from side of outer skin. Combine squash with mushrooms. Pour butter mixture over vegetables and sprinkle with cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir and serve.