Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not personally tried this recipe yet, however to me it sounds yummy! I am planning to try it in the very near future. This recipe comes from 101+ Delicious Diabetic Recipes The Ultimate Fuss Free Cookbook.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, corn, oregano and thyme.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise.
- Remove seeds.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on HIGH for about 9 minutes or until squash separates easily into strands when tested with fork.
- Cot each half of the squash lengthwise, in half again.
- Separate strands with fork.
- Spoon vegetables evenly over halves.
- Top each serving with cheese and parsley before serving.
This was a really great way to use up all the vegies coming out of the garden. Good recipe, I found it to be a little short on flavor as it was. So I resorted to adding canned tomato sauce and a few handfuls of garlic salt. In the end it was very tasty. I'm about to make it for the second time, so yes, I am a fan!
I made this as a side dish to grilled chicken breasts. When the chicken was nearly done I took some of the sauce, mixed it with a little tomato paste to thicken it a little, poured it on top of the breasts and topped them with a slice mozzarella cheese and some parmesan, then finished them off in the oven. The spaghetti squash primavera was a lovely accompaniment to this - zesty and a nice combination of flavours.
This was a very delicious recipe. My daughter is a vegetarian and really enjoyed this meal. Thank you