Recipe by brandimcd
Got this from a low-carb cookbook, and haven't tried it yet. My daughter and I adore spaghetti squash - we eat it once a week! We will be making this for next week's lunches!
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, diced
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon red wine or 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups spaghetti squash, cooked
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook squash:.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the halves again so it's quartered.
- Boil for 15 minutes over high heat in a large pot of lightly salted water.
- For the entree:.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over low heat.
- Add all veggies but the tomato, and add the garlic.
- Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occassionally.
- Stir in tomato, wine, basil, salt and black pepper, cook for 4-5 mins stirring once or twice.
- Serve veggies over squash, top with cheese.