Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a healthy alternative to LoMein and so tasty. I was skeptical when I first made this recipe because there is so little to it but it really has great flavor and is very easy to make. The dish comes together very quickly and the squash could be baked the day ahead to save time on a busy weeknight. From Sept/Oct. Eating Well magazine
- 3 lbs spaghetti squash
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce, like Sriracha or 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- Cut squash in half.
- Scoop out and discard seeds.
- Place each half, cut side down, on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until tender - about 1 hour.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then shred the flesh with a fork into a bowl.
- Discard the shell.
- Slice pork into thin rounds and then cut each round into matchsticks.
- Heat a large wok over medium -high heat.
- Swirl in sesame oil, then add scallions, garlic, ginger and salt stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the pork.
- Cook stirring constantly until just cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the squash threads and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili sauce.
- Cook stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
Pretty good! Great combination of flavours! Innovative and full of veggies!