Recipe by omarsmodel
This is my " altered" spaghetti pie recipe being allergic to wheat I often use spaghetti squash in place of noodles and as a diabetic I make other substitutions to lower fat and calories.
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash, removed from skin and separated into noodles
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- other spices (oregano, basil or your favorites)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 9" pie pan with non stick spray.
- Mix squash noodles with egg whites and parmesan cheese press into pan forming crust.
- Spread with yogurt.
- Cook ground beef in skillet with onions, green peppers, garlic and any of the spices and or herbs that you have chosen. When meat is brown, add tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add meat mixture to noodle crust and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.