Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I created this dish as a low fat, low carb alternative to pasta. It fills the pasta cravings, is healthy and it really tastes good!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk or 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 medium chopped red bell peppers or 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 (170 g) can tuna, drained
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and microwave (or bake) until done.
- Scrape squash from shell into a large serving bowl- keep warm.
- In a saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt the butter then saute the chopped garlic for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, milk and basil.
- Turn heat to low to keep warm.
- In a frying pan, saute the chopped vegetables and turkey bacon in the olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until the vegetables are slightly softened and bacon is cooked through.
- Add the tuna and cook until tuna is warmed.
- Add sour cream sauce to vegetable/bacon mix.
- Pour over spaghetti squash and toss.
- Top with diced tomato and parmesan cheese.
This goes beyond superb! I threw in a sprinkle of curry while making the sauce to give it a little more pizzazz. A few red pepper flakes sauted with the veggies didn't hurt either. Fantastic! =)