Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 spaghetti squash, quartered
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Place the squash, cut side up, in a Dutch oven.
- Add the water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 13 to 17 minutes, or until squash fibers pull apart easily with a fork.
- Remove the squash from the pan and drain well.
- Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Using 2 forks, fluff the flesh into strands.
- In a steamer basket over simmering water, steam the zucchini, covered, for 3 minutes; remove from the heat. Discard the cooking liquid from the Dutch oven and dry the pan well.
- Add the squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and green onions to the pan.
- Stir in the Parmesan, lemon juice, basil, dill, and pepper.
- Toss well to coat with sauce. Cook 1 minute over medium-high heat to heat through.