Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb turkey
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red sweet pepper
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Halve the spaghetti squash lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Place, cut side down, on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender.
- Use a fork to shred and separate the spaghetti squash into strands.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a large skillet cook chicken, onion, pepper and garlic until vegetables are tender.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in tomato puree, corn, beans, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Put 1 cup spaghetti squash on serving plate.
- Spoon 1 cup sauce over squash and top each serving with 1/4 cup cheese.
This is very tasty, I only used 1 teaspoon chili powder & 1/2 teaspoon of cumin as we don't care for real spicy foods. Thank you for posting the Recipe.
Hooray for healthy food that tastes good! Thanks. added plain yogurt like sour cream. Could benefit from salt and pepper, maybe taco seasoning.
A very good healthy meal I have passed on to many friends. My family isn't as enamoured with it as I am. A dear friend of mine says the same thing of her family as well. We look at it like this. Your loss my gain. It just means there is more for me.