Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, yummy "alternative" to pasta
Make and share this Spaghetti Squash Marinara recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cooked spaghetti squash (I microwave, for help see how to cook spaghetti squash, by Johnney)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 (16 ounce) jarfavorite red pasta sauce
- 5 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- Cook Spaghetti Squash, your choice, I microwave. Drain all liquid. Remove all seeds and use fork to remove the cooked squash.
- Saute' garlic in oil. Add cooked squash, turn several times. I do this to take the "squeak" out of the squash.
- Put in baking dish, add some Pasta sauce, probably won't need more than 1/2 a jar depending on size of squash. Mix in 1/3 Parmesan Cheese.
- Top generously with rest of Parmesan Cheese and fresh basil, bake about 30 minutes on 350.
Great yummy and healthy dish! I used the baking method from How to Cook Spaghetti Squash - so simple and it came out perfect. I used some homemade pasta sauce and served with turkey meatballs - enjoyed this healthy meal - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Top Favorites of 2009 event
Sooooo good and sooooo healthy!! We really enjoyed this. I cooked the spaghetti squash according to the instructions in How to Cook Spaghetti Squash and then used Fast Pasta Sauce rather than sauce from a jar. Wonderful!! This recipe makes eating healthy delicous! Thanks hummingbird garden :)