Prep 1 min
Cook 40 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2 1/2 to 3 lbs.)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed (optional)
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Half squash lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a baking dish. With a fork, prick the skin all over. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or till tender.
- Meanwhile, cook onion and garlic in hot oil till onion is tender but not brown. Stir in undrained tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and if desired, fennel seed. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes or to desired consistency, stirring often.
- Using a fork, shred and separate the squash pulp into strands. Spoon tomato mixture over squash. If desired, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.