Recipe by twrice
the flavor is great and you won't believe the colors.I have made this in a clear dish that I use for meatloaf. You can see all the colors and in the center of the table it looks and smells great
Top Review by Maryland Jim
Made this for a friend who is a vegetarian. Made exactly as directed and every one really like it. Especially the addition of the spinach! Thanks for a great meatless recipe.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) spaghetti squash, boiled
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) carton low-fat ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian-style tomato sauce
- 6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Split squash. Remove seeds and stringy portion. Use fork to comb squash flesh, pullin it off in long strands. Place in large mixing bowl. Toss with four, garlic, and salt until well combined.
- Blend Ricotta, spinach, and Parmesan cheese in food processor or blender until smooth.
- To assemble, spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce on bottom of a shallow 6 cup baking dish. Top with spaghetti squash, arranging evenly and compactly. Spread Ricotta mixture evenly over squash. Spread remaining sauce over Ricotta. Cover with sliced Mozzarella.
- Bake on center rack of 350 degree oven, uncovered, until cheese is lightly browned on edges and juices bubble, about 40 to 50 minutes. Cut into squares and serve hot. Makes 6 servings.