Recipe by KittyKitty
The sauce can be stored up to 3 days in a covered container in fridge, or frozen up to two weeks.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 lb) spaghetti squash
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage in a large skillet until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain sausage, reserve, 2 tablespoons drippings; set sausage aside.
- Saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic in reserved pan drippings until tender.
- Stir in sausage, tomato sauce, and next 4 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Wash squash, pierce with fork several times. Place squash in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until squash yields to pressure. Let cool.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Using a fork, remove spaghetti-like strands from squash. Plac ehalf of squash in 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Pour half of sauce over squash. Repeat layers. Spread cheese evenly over top. Bake at 350Ffor 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.