Recipe by Bec
From a vegetarian cookbok of mine- Save time by cooking spaghetti squash in your microwave. Prick whole squash with a sharp knife. Place squash in a microwave-safe baking dish and cook on high, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or till tender. Let stand for 5 minutes and halve squash lengthwise and remove seeds. Now you can go to step 5!
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
This recipe has great flavour. I didn't have fresh basil so I used dried (1 tsp for 4 servings). We don't like nuts of so we left them out. We stuck to pretty much the rest of the recipe and it turned out awesome for us. The nutritional values on the recipe appear good also so this will be one I will definately try again. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 small spaghetti squash (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes (1 cup)
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts or 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil or 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve squash lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Prick skin all over.
- Place halves, cut side down, in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or till tender.
- Using a fork, separate the squash pulp into strands, leaving strands in shell.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese in each shell; toss lightly.
- Press mixture up the sides of the shell.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine tomatoes, green onions, nuts, basil or parsley, oil, and garlic.
- Spoon 1/4 of the tomato mixture into each shell.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Return to baking dish.
- Return to oven and bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or till filling is heated through.