2 hrs 12 mins
Found this one in my "stash." Cook time includes time to prepare and cook the squash. This could be done in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and place halves, flesh side down, in a baking dish with enough hot water to come 1/4-inch up the sides of the squash.
- 2(The water prevents burning and helps steam the squash so it cooks more evenly.) Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the squash is soft when poked with a knife, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Discard the seeds.
- 3Scrape along the pulp with a fork and pull out and reserve shreds. Rub the bottom of a.
- 4medium (8-cup or slightly larger) gratin or baking dish with butter.
- 5Toss the "spaghetti" with the chopped sage, garlic, 2 cups of the cheese, cream, salt and pepper.
- 6Spread mixture in gratin dish (the squash layer should be about 1 inch thick). Sprinkle the remaining cheese over "spaghetti." Arrange the 3 remaining sage leaves on top of the gratin. Bake for about 45 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper over gratin and serve.
- 8Note: The squash can be baked a day ahead, following the above directions. If the top of the gratin doesn't turn golden brown, place it under the broiler for about 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Squash Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.6
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.2 mg
- Sodium 175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves