Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is healthy & delicious spaghetti squash recipe...rich, creamy and bursting with flavor. The kids gobbled it up and didn't even ask what the 'yucky green stuff' was (leek). My mother-in-law absconded with the leftovers and didn't leave us a drop!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup leek, sliced into rings (2-3 leeks)
- 3 roasted garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk (I use 2% milk) or 3 cups half-and-half cream (I use 2% milk)
- kosher salt & pepper
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds. Place, cut side down in a baking pan. Add approximately 1 inches water to bottom of the pan and bake for 1 hr at 350 degrees.
- While squash is baking, sizzle the oil & margarine or butter over medium heat. Mash the roasted garlic into a paste and throw it in the oil with the leeks. Saute until leeks are soft but not browned & garlic paste is incorporated, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour into leek mixture. Stir until absorbed, then immediately add the milk all at once, stirring constantly. Cook & stir until thickened & bubbly. Add kosher salt & pepper to taste.
- When squash is fork tender, scoop it out of skins and toss with the sauce.
I changed the ingrediants but basically used your idea...I used Valhalia sweet onion in rings and soya milk...I make my own so it was thick and sweet and wow..turned out fantastic!!! (Lactose intolerate)