Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a very unique and delicious way to cook spaghetti squash. This recipe is from Colorado Collage.
- 1 spaghetti squash (3-4 lbs)
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml of fresh mint, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml pecans, toasted and chopped
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake whole squash 1 hour or until tender when pierced with fork.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
- halve lengthwise and remove seeds.
- With fork, pull out the spaghetti-like strands.
- Divide in half and place in 2 bowls.
- Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- In small skillet, heat cumin seed over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add curry powder.
- Heat 1 minute.
- Pour over half of the squash.
- Add yogurt, sour cream, brown sugar, mint, basil, and salt.
- Toss to combine.
- Mound mixture in center of oven-proof serving platter.
- Surround with remaining half of squash and garnish with toasted pecans.
- Sprinkle with pepper to taste.
- Bake until thoroughly heated, 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
My mom, who will eat anything, after 2 bites asked me if I had anything else to eat in the kitchen. I ate half my portion before giving up and throwing it out. Terrible, would not recommend this recipe.