1 hr 20 mins
Several fresh tasty ingredients to go together in this recipe to make a spectacular summer supper. Spaghetti squash has an interesting texture that's lots of fun. Try it—you'll love it! Source: TOH
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 -2 1/2 lb) spaghetti squash
- 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a baking dish. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 inches Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- 2When cool enough to handle, scoop out squash, separating strands with a fork; set shells and squash aside.
- 3In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 4Add mushrooms, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add squash; mix well.
- 5Cook, uncovered, until liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes. Fill shells; place in shallow baking dish.
- 6Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Squash Boats
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 485.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 10.3 g