Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from a recipe chat board.
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Place spaghetti squash, cut side down, in a baking dish; add water to the baking dish.
- Cover and bake spaghetti squash in a 375° oven for about 30 minutes, or until the spaghetti squash is tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out squash, separating strands with a fork.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, red and green pepper and garlic until meat is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain off fat; add tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and squash. Continue to cook and stir for about 2 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer mixture to an ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole; stir in 1 1/2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle spaghetti squash with the remaining 1 cup of Cheddar cheese and cook for 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.