Recipe by iPlayFlonkerton
A great Mediterranean-style dish! One of my family's favorite side dishes. Spaghetti squash is kind of difficult to cut, so be careful! It's very easy to slice a finger.
Top Review by Debbwl
Delicious! DH loves spaghetti squash and thoroughly enjoyed this recipe as well. I found it tasty although a little bland. Made as written. Maybe next time will use more garlic and basil. Will defiantly make again. Thanks for the post.
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place squash, cut sides down, on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Set squash aside until cool enough to be easily handled.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion oil until tender. Add garlic, and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, and cook only until tomatoes are warm.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash, and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss with sautéed vegetables, feta, olives, and basil.
- Serve warm.