1/5 Photos of Spaghetti Squash
This recipe was given to me by liquidphyre at the SB message board.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut spaghetti squash in half, seed and place in a microwaveable dish. Add 1/4 cup of water, cover with plastic wrap and put in the microwave and nuke for 8-10 minute.
- 2In a deep skillet saute onion and zucchini.
- 3Saute until zucchini is slightly brown and then add 1 can of no sugar added diced tomatos (or one with low sugar content).
- 4Add seasonings, stir and simmer.
- 5Once the spaghetti squash is ready, CAREFULY remove the plastic wrap and once cool enough, scrape out the "noodles" with a fork.
- 6Then, with the sauce -- pour all of the sauce EXCEPT half of the zucchini pieces into a food processor and blend. The zucchini really gives it some nice thickness. Add back to the unprocessed zucchini and pour over "noodles" add mozerella cheese and parm. and there you go!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Squash
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.6
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 462.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: