Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Source: a really old issue of Canadian Living. A slightly different twist on lasagna.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Break spaghetti in half. Cook in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef.
- Add onion, garlic, green pepper and celery; cook until soft.
- Add oregano, basil, tomato sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Spread half of spaghetti in a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Spoon half the sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with cottage cheese, then half the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Add remaining spaghetti, remaining meat sauce, and top with rest of cheese.
- Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut in squares to serve.