Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salad can be prepared several hours ahead kept covered in the fridge but add the dressing just before serving. If you plan on cooking the capsicum yourself grill capsicum halves (or roast in hot oven) until they are black then put them into a bag for a few minutes to loosen the skins. After they've cooled rub the skin off under running water.
- 250 g spaghetti, thin
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 125 g capsicums, roasted and peeled (bought or cooked at home)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 60 g rocket (arugula)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic dressing
- Cook spaghetti in a pan of boiling water until al dente, drain, rinse under cold water and drain again; transfer spaghetti to a large bowl.
- Cut carrot and roast capsicum into thin strips, add to spaghetti with the pine nuts and rocket leaves.
- Add dressing and toss gently to coat salad.