Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package thin spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In 12 inch skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain; Stir in tomato juice, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and spices.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add uncooked spaghetti; stir to separate strands.
- Simmer, covered for 30 minutes more, or until spaghetti is tender.
- Stir often.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese when serving.
This was a simple meal to throw together and the flavor was wonderful! We added more tomato juice because we used more pasta and didn't want it to dry out. This is a very tasty weeknight dinner. And, the leftovers are just as good and full of flavor!
This made a wonderfully easy, tasty supper! A perfect weeknight meal for when I don't have a lot of energy to cook. I added a bit more water and tomato juice because I used 16 oz of pasta. The leftovers were great the next day for lunch. Thanks so much MizzNezz for a wonderful recipe that we'll have many more times!
This was easy and delicious! We really enjoyed it. I read the reviews prior to making and I too added a little more water and tomato juice as I used about 3/4 of a 16 oz. box of spaghetti. Next time I might use the full 16 oz. or add some mushrooms. We will definitely make this again. It was very tasty. Thanks for the recipe!