Top Review by princesskim
This was a simple meal to throw together and the flavor was wonderful! We added more tomato juice because we used more pasta and didn't want it to dry out. This is a very tasty weeknight dinner. And, the leftovers are just as good and full of flavor!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package thin spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12 inch skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain; Stir in tomato juice, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and spices.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add uncooked spaghetti; stir to separate strands.
- Simmer, covered for 30 minutes more, or until spaghetti is tender.
- Stir often.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese when serving.