Recipe by Denise Durinzi
I like this recipe because it is really easy and economical. My Mom used to make it for us when she couldn't stand to make potatoes or rice one more time.
- 1⁄2 lb of dried spaghetti, cooked (save 1/2 cup of water)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs (plain or flavored - your prefernce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 dash of dried hot pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In the same pot that you cooked the pasta, add olive oil, butter, garlic and parsley.
- Heat on low until butter melts.
- Add bread crumbs slowly until a thick paste forms.
- Add cooked spahetti and toss well to coat.
- If it is a little too dry you can add a little pasta water.
- If you like, add a little of the hot pepper flakes.
- Serve as a side for just about anything.
- This is a fast, easy, different side dish.