Recipe by afr0bunny
light summery pasta. i like to serve it with pounded grilled chicken breasts that have been marinating in a little white wine and olive oil
Top Review by AKillian24
Great recipe. I didn't have any olives, and I'm certain that would have enhanced this dish even more.. but even w/o it was superb. I topped it off with a bit of parsely as well.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 small eggplants
- 25 pitted kalamata olives
- 16 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 tablespoons grated pecorino romano cheese
- 17 leaves fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- cube eggplants and cut bell peppers into slim strips and sliver garlic.
- cook oil and garlic over medium heat for 2-3 min.
- add eggplant and bell pepper and cook 2-4 min (until just wilted).
- add tomato and bring to boil.
- chop olives, capers, and 5 leaves basil and add to sauce, then reduce heat to low and simmer to thicken.
- in the meantime, cook the pasta and chop remaining basil into ribbons.
- toss pasta with sauce and top with cheese and basil ribbons.