Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and Elegant Shrimp pasta dish
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, without stems
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp
pesto cream sauce (use 3 tablespoons of cilantro pesto)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- cajun seasoning, to taste
- Prepare Pesto.
- Wash cilantro and remove stems.
- In blender chop pumpkin seeds.
- Add cilantro, garlic, cheese and seasoning.
- Slowly add olive oil until blended. (More olive oil may be needed depending on amount of cilantro; pesto should not be runny).
- Peel, devein and wash shrimp.
- Heat 2 Tbsps of Olive oil in pan.
- Place shrimp in pan and cook for about 3 mins or until pink and slightly curled.
- Remove shrimp to plate and keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add 3 T of pesto and stir to blend.
- Add Cream and mix well.
- Return shrimp to pan and heat.
- Serve over spaghetti and enjoy the praise.